Thematic is a place where music artists and content creators can come together to collaborate via a peer-to-peer marketplace that facilitates an exchange of creative assets and services through a highly curated and personalized experience.
We’re currently located in Santa Monica and will be moving to Culver City mid 2018.
We’re searching for an empathetic and super collaborative product designer that values agile, iterative, emergent software design and lives at the bleeding edge of web and mobile design with a focus on user experience.
On any average day you might be designing and building prototypes, sketching out wireframes, sitting next to the front end engineers pushing pixels to perfection, or running a design workshop with our team or users.
We’re a humble, fun, and growing team of relaxed, but focused, entrepreneurial minded folks. We’re an agile crew that respects time and loves to celebrate the small wins along the way. You can expect super supportive, open minded collaboration. Ego’s get checked at the door.
The 80% Product Design needs:
- Brainstorming and development with product owners and execs on concept and design direction
- Participate in user experience research and usability studies
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Rapidly prototype flows, concepts, and interactions, take in feedback, and successively iterate
- Enjoy countless UX challenges and solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Work with Product Managers to understand design / feature requirements
- Scope level of effort and effectively plan and prioritize your design roadmap based on company and customer needs
- Design prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for features and enhancements to help communicate requirements, interactions, and validate your ideas
- Understand success KPIs and make data a part of the process that informs your work
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and colleagues in your product team
- Validate your design decisions through user testing and user interviews BEFORE we build anything
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and business partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and share constructive feedback
- Work closely with leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product design deliverables
20% General Design needs
- Work closely with leadership to identify marketing opportunities and needs
- Help with PR coordination efforts and any design needs related
- Design ads and any marketing materials needed (paid ads, print, landing pages, emails etc)
- Work cross-functionally across ops, product, and business affairs/legal to help shape the voice of the product
- Help to determine positioning, naming, competitive landscape, and external communications
- Collaborate on a vision and translate a strategy into the tactical elements that allow for iteration and outcomes
- Focus on analyzing the market and create insights to help achieve strategic business goals
- Must have a portfolio for us to take a peek at the work you’re proud of
- You’ve got to love coming up with options and have a reason why each option is on the table
- Versatile in design software but preferably a master at Sketch and/or Illustrator and familiar with Zeplin for hand off to dev
- Must be endlessly curious
- Able to develop high fidelity prototypes (InVision, Principal, etc.)
- Have the desire to build and lead a design team
- Enjoy working collaboratively and hanging out with your buds at work and after work
- Down to have long walk and talks
How to Apply
Email us your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org